Men's 5 Most Important Rules of Wearing Ring on Finger

Men's 5 Most Important Rules of Wearing Ring on Finger/Hand

Gentlemen, this is Steve.  Today, I am going to talk about the five rules that men can follow to ensure they wear a ring correctly.

Many of you guys may be getting a family heirloom, maybe you just graduated from college and want to wear your class ring, maybe you are about to get married and have once worn a ring and you're done wondering how this is going to fit into my wardrobe.

So, brothers these rules are for you and once you understand them you can bend them, you can break them, you can use them however you want.

Now let me get started really fast with my wedding ring. I wear it on my right hand and it is the number one question I get in messages.

Why are you carrying it in your right hand, you know, what is the reason behind it?

Well, the story is in 2010, I married my wife Sarah in a Church, and for a year and a half, I used it on my right hand.

I came to the United States and it was until I didn't even think about it until people from my MBA program asked me, "Steve, why are you doing that?"

Why are you doing this?

And it's kind of funny, now I enjoy it as a conversation starter, I know why.

Gentlemen, use these five rules so that you can submit a statement so you can enjoy wearing your rings.

Rule number 1: ALL RINGS SEND A MESSAGE

So rule number one is to understand that whatever ring you wear will give you meaning if it would be an engagement if it would be a wedding if it would be an affiliation if it would be a sign of wealth.

And as we all know that historically rings were usually worn in order to show wealth and your position in society.

Understand that every ring you decide to wear on your hand because of its prominent place on your hand, people will see that people will pass judgment.

Now if you're in an interview and you like to wear a lot of rings, maybe one that, you know, ends up looking like a godfather to the mob.

Understand that if you are interviewing in a conservative industry, the person interviewing you may not say anything, but you are basically at the mercy of your judgment and personal beliefs.

And that's the thing about rings, you have to understand that everyone has an opinion about them, most people, hopefully, are open-minded, but many people are going to have their prejudices, their stereotypes and they can pigeonhole you into that. So understand that rings send a message, understand what yours are sending.

Rule number 2: USE THE RING WITH CONFIDENCE

Point number two, be confident. In whatever you are going to use, be sure to use it with confidence.

So maybe you will use a family crest. It has been passed down to you, understand the story, understands how you can use it effectively, and then go for it.

So the family crest is traditionally worn on the index finger, you can wear it on the ring finger if you are not married, you can wear it on your right hand.

But guys remember to use it with confidence. You might ask me, “Steve, how do I do that?

I've never worn a ring before. So, start wearing it yourself initially and then wear it with friends and family.

Maybe it could be a class ring that you are not used to wearing and are about to graduate, let's say from Annapolis at the Naval Academy over there.

So, start wearing it with your friends, wear it in an environment where you will be accepted and then, you might start wearing it down.

The key to wearing a ring, especially one that goes Beyond the wedding rings, it is to wear it with confidence, and then it becomes a topic of conversation.

Rule number 3: PROPORTION

Now that brings us to rule number three, which is basically proportion. So pay attention if you have big hands, you can wear big rings.

Smaller rings will look a bit out of place on you, but if you have smaller hands, you'll want to avoid oversized rings, especially if you get one or are receiving a class ring.

Those tend to be a bit bigger, maybe one if you're part of Mason Lodge or something.

Just make sure you choose one that is proportional to your hands. Smaller hands, smaller rings, bigger hands, bigger rings. Pretty simple.

Rule number 4: BALANCE

Now let's get into balance. Balance is different from proportion. Balance is actually wearing pieces and wearing jewelry in a balancing sense.

So if you are going to have a ring, maybe consider wearing your watch on the opposite side.

If you're bringing another ring, I could probably add a ring here, and then if I, could have two rings on this site because I'm wearing the watch.

What you want to avoid is having your watch, five rings in one hand and then the other completely with nothing.

Rule Number 5: MATCH THE METALS

So that goes with balance, bracelets can help with this, just understand that everything works together and that brings us to rule number five that matches metals.

It does not need to match the metals exactly. Some guys decide to go for a ring that actually has a little gold and silver on it.

I, personally, am a silver man. I'm - I'd say I have a calm tone overall, I can look at my arms and I can see that I have - I can see my blue veins here, that's an indicator to me.

Also, naturally, I've always gravitated towards silver, platinum, things like that.

So all my metals I like to combine. If you are going to be a golden mean and you like warmer tones, then go for the gold.

Now, mixing them up a bit just to understand that to make it a little more complicated is something that if you understand the rule, I like to keep it simple, but if you want to break it, go for it.

So we have seen all the 5 Rules For Men Wearing Rings and for a  better understanding, I would like to go into more detail in the article here.

THUMB CHARACTER

However, I am going to quickly go over it now. So thumb, the thumb is traditionally a symbol of your character.

And, you know, if you have a straight thumb of a straight character, a thumb that is too crooked, it is actually believed that you are crooked.

Now when it comes to rings, thumb rings are very rare. Historically they used to do it if you went back to Asia, every time an archer would pull a bowstring he actually used to have a thumb ring to help him do that.

But, nowadays it is very rare, if you wear one on your thumb, it is considered to be more of a creative feeling, you know if you want to incorporate that.

But, being on your thumb might seem a bit strange, so it would be something you'll want to get used to.

PINK FINGER: INTELLIGENCE

Now, let's get to the pinky. The pinky is associated with the god Mercury. It is also associated with intelligence.

So if you want to use a little finger, that could be something you could bring in that maybe has a little family crest.

Now for some reason, it's associated with, you know, crime bosses and the mob, I don't know if I couldn't find, you know, it might be something they got. I think a man can wear it with good taste.

The key with these two fingers and why I started with them now is that they are on the edges of the hand.

Anything you wear here will be easier to see and therefore a bit more eye-catching, so I like to keep it a little low.

MIDDLE FINGER: BALANCE

Now, let's talk about the index finger. Traditionally, this was a finger that many noblemen; Kings, dukes, you know, senators, would wear rings on their fingers.

I think if you are going to wear a class ring or if you are going to wear a family ring, this is also a ring that you can consider.

You can also use it on the same hand and it will be a bit balanced, you will have a little space between them. Now, let's get to the middle finger.

This is associated with Saturn and it really basically means being balanced.

RING FINGER: ROMANTICISM

Now, let's go to the ring finger. The ring finger is traditionally in the West; In the western world, the left hand has been associated with romanticism with the moon.

It is also associated with creativity. You also see engagement rings sometimes. Yeah, and that's all for today. Hope you enjoyed reading the article.

Thank you so much Steve for joining today. It was a really amazing time with you.

A lot of new things to learn before just simply wearing the ring. I personally enjoyed reading the entire article.

Friends one thing for your kind information; kindly hit the follow button on this blog.

See you soon with a similar and more interesting blog, till then take care of yourself. See you on the next blog.

Comments

  1. I agree that the diamond rings for men prices vary. Some men prefer a ring with a little gold and silver on it. Although I, personally, am a silver man as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment